Request an Appointment
Office hours (for scheduled appointments): M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If you have a quick question about your resume, CV, cover letter, or graduate school essay, we also have drop-in hours.
Drop-in hours (fall and spring semesters only): M-F, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (no appointment needed)
You may schedule an appointment with a career coach for the following. Appointments are scheduled for one hour.
- Resume/CV Review
- Job Search Information
- Internship Information
- Mock Interview
- Career Assessment Interpretations - view a list of our career assessments
- Career and Major Planning/Exploration
- Graduate School Information
- Offer/Salary Negotiation Questions
Follow the directions below to request an appointment online at the University Career Center, or call us at 785-864-3624.
If you are a student needing job or internship search assistance or help with the job or internship search process and are in the School of Engineering, School of Journalism, School of Business, or School of Music, please go to the corresponding website for instructions on how to request an appointment with a career coach in that office.
- If you haven't previously registered for full access to KU Career Connections, please register using your KU online ID and password before or after you request an appointment. It's free. If you think you may have registered in the past but are not sure, your completed form will show up when you click the registration link and log in if you have, in fact, registered previously.
- If you would like to make an appointment at the University Career Center log in to KU Career Connections using your KU online ID and password. If you are not able to log in using your KU online ID and password or your known KU Career Connections username and password, you will need to contact the University Career Center at 785-864-3624 to make an appointment.
- On the right side of the KU Career Connections homepage under "Additional Resources," click "Request a Counseling Appointment."
- If you haven't previously entered your profile information (basic demographic and academic information), you will need to complete your profile or update the content.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to request an appointment. On the left side of the interface, you will select screening criteria related to when you would like your appointment to be. Additionally, you can select a specific career coach with whom you would like to meet, or you don't have to select a career coach to see everyone's availability during your set time frame.
- Once you have set your criteria, you will select your appointment time from the options on the right.
- You will receive an email confirmation if your appointment request is approved. If there is a conflict, a UCC staff member will contact you via phone to help you choose a different time.