Career Coaching Appointments
At the University Career Center, we are here to support you with designing your own individualized career and life plans. Our coaching services are designed to help you better understand who you are, guide you as you define your career goals, and empower you to take the next steps. Coaching sessions are unlimited and free to any student enrolled in a degree program at KU. We encourage students to seek out coaching services early on in their KU experience but we welcome all students at any point of their career planning journey!
Are you an alumni? Our coaching services are available to you too. See career.ku.edu/alumni for more details.
Meet the Coaches
What is career coaching?
- helps you access the tools, knowledge and opportunities you need to develop your own career plans.
- empowers you to use your own internal strengths, resources and other assets in finding solutions to your career concerns.
- helps you bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- engages you in a goal-oriented, future-focused and action-oriented process.
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Job Search Resources
- Internship Search
- Interview Preparation
- Job Offer/Salary Negotiation
- Graduate or Professional School Application or Exploration
- Career Assessment Interpretation
- Career/Major Exploration
- Job Search Exploration/Focus
- Mock Interview
Make an Appointment to Meet with a Career Coach
Career Coaches are available to meet with you virtually or via telephone. Head to HireJayhawks or call 785-864-3624 to schedule a appointment now. (Please leave a message if you don't reach us. We will call you back ASAP.) More appointment times may be available than are represented online. If you don't see a time online that will work for you, please call! Once you make an appointment, you will receive an email confirmation and another email that provides you with instructions for connecting with your career coach.
Prior to Your Appointment
Check out the Jayhawk Ready milestones related to your specific scheduled appointment (resume, interviewing, networking, etc). The videos and content are brief and will provide basic background information to help you prepare for your appointment and enrich the conversation you have with your career coach.
Cancel or Reschedule Your Appointment