- Career Coach
1300 Sunnyside Ave
Lawrence, KS 66045
Hi everyone! My name is Michael Diana and I am a first year Doctoral Candidate in the Counseling Psychology program. I am from New Jersey and completed my undergraduate degree in Psychology at the University of Scranton (yes- like The Office)! I will be one of the Career Coaches this academic year!
I have previously worked in career counseling and I am looking forward to continue in the field. I am excited to assist you through your career journey as you learn more about yourself personally and professionally. When not studying or working, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, movie marathons, and anything involving the beach. I look forward to working with you!
All previous research was conducted at the University of Scranton between 2017-2020.
- With a clinical psychologist, I investigated African American parents attitudes towards behavior modification, rapport, academic and psychosocial development of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- With an evolutionary psychologist, I studied male and female's dating strategies on Tinder.
- With a developmental psychologist, I explored the effects of death education on death anxiety.
- With a social psychologist, I investigated the cognitive spillover effect, in-group favoritism, out-group derogation, and social norms.
Awards & Honors —
- President’s Fellowship for Summer Research, University of Scranton, 2019: I was awarded a grant to fund my honors thesis investigating the cognitive spillover effect.
- Landmark Conference Senior Scholar Athlete, 2020: I was the male student-athlete with the highest GPA and most sports accomplishments for all swimmers and divers in the Landmark Conference.
- Carlisemo Award, Excellence in Academics and Athletics, University of Scranton, 2020: An award given by the University of Scranton to the graduating senior who demonstrated excellence in both the classroom and athletics.
- Lawrence Lennon Award for Outstanding Service and Achievement in Psychology, University of Scranton, 2020: An award presented by the University of Scranton Psychology Department to the senior who demonstrated commitment to academics, extracurriculars, and the Psychology Department.