Congratulations on your achievement of graduating from KU. At the University Career Center, we understand that career planning is a lifelong process and that you may need some assistance with your career plans from time to time. The good news is that most of the services available to KU students are also available to KU alumni. The most commonly sought after services from alumni are resume reviews, career coaching (including assessments), mock interviews and job search assistance.
Help with career planning and job search
Career coaching services are available to assist with the next step in your career plans. Considering a career change? Just getting started? Need help with your resume or a big interview? Career coaches can partner with you to help you take advantage of your resources in order to take the next step. Additionally, we offer Hire Jayhawks as a service to alumni looking to search for internships and full-time opportunities.
All services, including HireJayhawks.com, are free up through six months after your graduation date.
For those needing assistance beyond six months after graduation, the following is the fee structure of our alumni services:
- First visit: Complimentary (one per year)
- Subsequent appointments (all types): $50 per visit (payment portal)
- Career Assessments: $50 per assessment with one complimentary appointment
- Career coaches are available by appointment and can meet with alumni via in person meetings, the phone, or by webcam using Skype for Business. For more information or to set up your appointment, call 785-864-3624.
- Hire Jayhawks (job and internship listings): Requires online registration and a $40 per year access fee.
- After you complete the registration form, you will be given one-week of free access to HireJayhawks to evaluate whether or not you would like a one year access pass, which costs $40 per year.
- Please read the professional conduct policy before registering; after your one-week of free access, if you would like to pay the $40 fee, please email us at email@example.com.
- For more information on using Hire Jayhawks, please check out our FAQ.
Additional UCC resources
- KU University Career Center LinkedIn Group is a networking resource to connect KU alumni, students, employers, faculty, and staff.
- Careers and KU Majors contains extensive online information on career options based on academic and industry paths and includes internships, job search sources and professional organizations for each KU major.
- The UCC delivers a wide variety of career fairs and networking events throughout the academic year; alumni are welcome.
Get connected to KU students
Does your organization recruit students for internships and/or post graduate job opportunities? Contact us to find out how we can help you get connected to KU students.