Congratulations on your achievement of graduating from KU. At the University Career Center, we understand that career planning is a lifelong process and that you may need some assistance with your career plans from time to time. The good news is that most of the services available to KU students are also available to KU alumni. The most commonly sought after services from alumni are resume reviews, career coaching (including assessments), mock interviews and job search assistance. Additional services and resources are described below.
Help with career planning and job search
Career coaching services are available to assist your progress to the next step in your career plans. Considering a career change? Just getting started? Need help with your resume or a big interview? Career coaches can partner with you to help you take advantage of your resources in order to take the next step. Additionally, we offer KU Career Connections as a service to alumni looking to search for internships and full-time opportunities.
All services, including KU Career Connections, are free up through six months after your graduation date.
For those needing assistance beyond six months after graduation, the following is the fee structure for alumni seeking career center services:
- First visit: Complimentary
- Subsequent appointments (all types): $50 per visit (payment portal)
- Career Assessments: $50 per assessment with one complimentary appointment
- Career coaches are available by appointment and can meet with alumni via in person meetings, the phone, or by webcam using Skype for Business. For more information or to set up your appointment, call 785-864-3624.
KU Career Connections
Notice: If you graduated from the School of Business, please contact them directly to receive access or information on their alumni services: 785-864-5591 / email@example.com.
Notice: If you graduated from the School of Engineering, please contact them directly to receive access or information on their alumni services: 785-864-3891 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KU Career Connections (job and internship listings): Requires online registration and a $40 per year access fee.
- Please read the professional conduct policy (pdf) before registering. You will be asked to pay at the end of the process, or you may pay at any time through the payment portal.
- For more information on using KU Career Connections, please visit the KU Career Connections webpage.
Additional UCC resources
- KU University Career Center LinkedIn Group is a networking resource to connect KU alumni, students, employers, faculty, and staff. Career resources and job listings are shared. Feel free to join or start a discussion!
- Careers and KU Majors contains extensive online information on career options based on academic and industry paths and includes internships, job search sources and professional organizations for each KU major.
- The UCC delivers a wide variety of career workshops and networking events throughout the academic year.
Get connected to KU students
Does your organization recruit students for internships and/or post graduate job opportunities? Contact our Career Networks team to find out how they can help you get connected to KU students.