Curricula Vitae, or commonly known as CVs are mostly used in academia and healthcare fields in the United States. International employers, however, may prefer a CV for job applications regardless of industry.
- No page limit - content determines length
- 3-4 pages for Master's level
- 10+ pages for Doctorate level
- Emphasis on academic preparation and research, teaching, and publications
- Includes all academic and research experience
- Each section's content listed in reverse chronological order
- List all college degrees earned or in progress with names of institutions, locations, and dates completed/expected
- Include the title of thesis and/or dissertation and advisor names as appropriate
- Can be organized into multiple themed sections, such as Teaching Experience, Research Experience, Relevant Experience, Volunteer Experience, Laboratory Experience, Clinical Experience, etc.
- Include publications, research/teaching interests, professional development, professional accomplishments (grants, fellowships, etc.), and professional memberships
- If applicable, Skills section should include specialized lab, language, and software skills