Full-Time Job Resources
One of the best resources to use when searching for a job or an internship is Hire Jayhawks. However, if you are looking for additional job search resources, we’ve provided some of our favorite sites below organized by geographic preference as well as by interest area.
Additionally our Government & Non-Profit, Careers & KU Majors, and Working Abroad webpages might be helpful. If you are still having trouble locating the types of opportunities you are looking for, contact the University Career Center to schedule an appointment with a career coach at 785-864-3624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Search Resources
State of Kansas, Area Counties and Cities
- State of Kansas
- City of Kansas City, Kansas/Wyandotte County Unified Government
- City of Kansas City, Missouri
- City of Topeka
- Johnson County
- Leawood Chamber Jobs Site
- Shawnee County
Major Newspaper's Classifieds
- Nonprofit Connect - listings for jobs with Kansas City nonprofit, educational, or governmental organizations.
- MRI Global - independent, non-profit organization that supplies research for industry and encourages programs that use regional resources.
Federal Government - the largest single employer in the Kansas City Metro area
- USA Jobs - links for all current federal jobs listed geographically
K-12 and Higher Education
- Baker University
- Johnson County Community College
- Kansas City Kansas Community College
- Kansas Teaching Jobs (K-12)
- Missouri and Kansas City Area K-12 Education Jobs
- Ottawa University
- Park University
- The University of Kansas
- University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Washburn University
Additional Local Job Listings
- Kansas Works - is a service of the Kansas Workforce Centers and is a centralize database of jobs in Kansas (including state government and private firms)
- KC Has Jobs - part-time, full-time, internship and volunteer listings with the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- KU Center for Community Outreach - volunteer opportunities in Lawrence and the surrounding area
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- International Relations Council (IRC) Directory - Nonprofit, international organization directory for Kansas City
- International Trade Council of Greater Kansas City - Multiple resources for candidates with an international interest
- Topeka Chamber of Commerce
General National Listings
- Career Builder - popular search engine that posts more than 1 million jobs from over 300,000 employers
- Idealist - useful job search tool to locate non-profit and government agency job and internship opportunities in the country-region, U.S. and abroad
- Indeed - powerful job search engine that searches jobs posted on thousands of company career sites, job boards, newspapers, and professional associations. It also has search engines for a number of different countries
- LinkedIn - resource to help you connect with over 35 million professionals in the business world as well as search countless job postings
- Careerjet - listing of jobs by industry or location (including opportunities worldwide)
- CollegeGrad - entry level jobs and interships
- Linkup.com - useful job search engine that searches "hidden jobs" listed on over 21,000 company websites
- One Day, One Job - an "insider’s guide" to unique and exciting entry level jobs and career opportunities for recent college graduates
- SnagAJob – a great source for locating hourly and part-time jobs by location. The site also lists full-time jobs as well
- StudentJobs - official site for students to locate a wide range of internship and entry-level job opportunities within the Federal Government
- USAJobs - official site of the US Federal Government for Federal jobs and employment information
- Yahoo! HotJobs - popular job search engine that allows users to search for jobs in several ways: by keyword, job category, location, experience level or a combination of these choices
- 100 Best Job Boards to Find Niche Talent - list of helpful job boards
General International Listings
- My World Abroad - Register for free with your ku.edu email. International focused job boards and career guides, 300+ expert articles, 4,000+ career building resources, 70+ student stories from abroad, and much more!
- Going Global - Log in with your KU online ID and password. Job and internship listings as well as extensive international careers advice and information. Access from the Working Abroad page.
- Idealist From Action Without Borders - hundreds of job and internship listings from over 23,000 nonprofit and community organizations in 153 countries.
- Go Abroad - Resource with internship, teaching, volunteer, and job opportunities abroad.
- BUNAC - An international temporary work program primarily in Britain for current students or new graduates
- Cultural Vistas - Fellowships, internships, summer work, independent work, and exchange programs abroad
- Council on International Educational Exchange - Work, study, teach, or volunteer abroad through exchange programs
- Transitions Abroad - Full-time jobs, internships, short terms experiences (nanny, au pair, summer help, travel service).
- Study Abroad - Includes study, experiential education, internships, au pair, work and volunteer.
- Peace Corps
- U.S. Department of State - New State Department Careers site - Job vacancies in international organizations, teaching positions overseas, and current job listings in the federal government
- Latin American Careers and Employment
- Central Intelligence Agency
Teacher Certification Required
- Association of American Schools in South America - Information about the schools and their vacancies
- Department of Defense Education Activity - K-12 teaching opportunities in Department of Defense schools overseas
- International Schools Services - Complete recruitment services for private American and international schools abroad. The UCC has the ISS Directory of International Schools in its Career Resources Library.
- Joy Jobs - International teaching vacancies as well as advice and resources for applicants
- Office of Overseas Schools - Information and tips about finding overseas teaching positions and the application process
- UNI Overseas Placement Service for Educators - University of Northern Iowa organizes an international teaching fair each year (typically in February) to help international schools recruit and connect with teacher candidates
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Certification may or may not be Required)
- University of Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Program - The CELTA is the biggest and most well known TEFL training program in the world as well as one of the most respected. The University of Cambridge offers CELTA courses at over 100 institutes worldwide, including the US.
- Trinity College London Certificate in TESOL - A highly respected and well known TEFL training program. Trinity offers courses mainly in Europe and does not offer any courses in the US.
- Directory of TESOL Degree & Certificate Programs - Searchable database of degree and certificate programs available in the US and worldwide.
- Beginning a Career in TESOL - Valuable information on how to start a career in TESOL/TEFL, how to select a reputable certificate program, job search resources.
- teflSearch - Job site for TEFL/ESL jobs.
- TEFL Worldwide-Prague - An American owned school offering an intense and challenging 4-week TEFL/TESOL certificate course in the city of Prague.
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Career Center - TESOL/TEFL/ESL job opportunities
- Council on International Education Exchange (CIEE) - CIEE Teach Abroad programs provide: a salaried teaching placement, in-country orientation, TEFL classes, travel and medical insurance, pre-departure and emergency support, visa application advice, and housing at the beginning of your stay
- Disney English - Disney hires Foreign Trainers to instruct children aged 2-12 at Disney English Language Learning Centers in China during a 12 to 15-month contract. TEFL or TESOL Certification is not required, but is desired
- English Program in Korea (EPIK) - Korean government-run program recruiting native English-speakers with Bachelor's degrees to teach English in their public schools
- Go Overseas - Teach Abroad - hundreds of teach abroad programs, along with reviews of those programs from past participants
- Japan Exchange and Teaching (The JET Programme)
- Korean Horizons - Teach English in South Korean public schools. Does not require certification and they assist you with placement as well as training, securing documentation and continued support throughout your time there.
- Global Signature Services Agency - Teaching opportunities in China
- Language Corps - Some programs include TESOL certifications.
- Dave's ESL Cafe - The meeting place for ESL/EFL teachers and students from around the world. Features a job board, teacher forums, links to ESL/EFL certification programs, teaching ideas, and more
- Footprints Recruiting Inc. - ESL teacher placement organization which offers free employment services to University graduates.
- Teach Abroad - International teaching positions (part of GoAbroad.com)
- Teach Away, Inc. - Global teaching recruitment/placement agency (no cost to English language teachers)
- Teaching English Abroad (from TransitionsAbroad.com)
- Teaching Jobs in Japan
- TEFL - Job listings, online resumes and portfolios, info about teaching English internationally.
- The International Educator - Fee-based service for overseas teaching jobs, resume postings, articles about international teaching
- World Teach - Nonprofit organization based at Harvard for volunteer teachers in developing countries.
- Adventures Cross Country - Work in the summer with teenage students ages thirteen to eighteen in areas such as Community Service, Multisport, or Language
- Back Door Jobs - Site links to a wide variety of short-term, job “adventures” in the US and abroad
- Carnival Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean International - From guest services to entertainment to technical operations, a myriad of both shipboard and land-based positions are available
- Club Med - Positions available in entertainment, child supervision, excursions, corporate office, hotel services, catering, health/well-being, housekeeping/maintenance, sales, and water/land sports
- Green Corps - Twelve-month, paid environmental training program for participants to learn the ins and outs of grassroots organization and campaign work
- Green Force - Year-long jobs, internships, & volunteer opportunities in conservation, sports/adventure, teaching, communications, healthcare, and law available
- Outward Bound - Coordinate wilderness expeditions for at-risk youth, special needs/underserved groups, educators, and families
- Student Conservation Association - Paid opportunities leading various conservation & environmental projects as a crew/commuting crew leader (2-8 weeks) or project leader (6-12 months)
- Cross Cultural Solutions - Volunteer abroad opportunities available across twelve locations in ten countries spanning anywhere from one to twelve weeks in duration
- Cultural Vistas - Programs ranging from one month to a year in countries such as Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Argentina, Chile, Singapore, Malaysia, and Russia
- BUNAC - Exciting work abroad and volunteer abroad programs in USA, Canada, New Zealand, Nepal, Australia, Britain, China, South Africa and many more
- Habitat for Humanity International - Long-term or short-term volunteer projects in administration, finance, volunteer coordination, or specialized construction
- International Volunteer Programs Association - Professional association of trusted international volunteer programs that provides advice and links about volunteering abroad
- Projects Abroad - Volunteer and internship opportunities located in over 25 countries focused on teaching, child/elderly/disabled care, healthcare, conservation, culture, sports, journalism, business, law, human rights, archaeology, and veterinary medicine
- ProWorld - Internships and volunteer programs in health, environment, and social/economic development, education, journalism, and finance in Peru, Belize, Ghana, or Thailand
- Volunteers for Peace - Volunteers are placed in teams with others from at least three different countries to partner on projects lasting from two weeks up to three months
- WWOOF - World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms links volunteers with organic farms and growers from around the globe
- Council on International Education Exchange - Hires individuals of all ages to teach for an academic year abroad in Chile, China, Dominican Republic, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, or Vietnam
- Interexchange - Connects students to au pair, teaching, and other work/volunteer options abroad for one month up to one year
- International Au Pair Association - Site links to trusted nanny/au pair agencies in the US and abroad
- Institute of Reading Development - Hires students to teach a specified, summer school reading curriculum to kids of all ages in forty-three different states
- Teach for America - Opportunities to teach for two years in America’s most impoverished urban and rural schools, while working towards completing state teaching certification
- World Teach - Offers volunteer teaching opportunities in sixteen countries
- AmeriCorps - Corps members serve within American communities to address education, environment, public health, disaster preparation, and poverty
- Peace Corps - Corps members to serve abroad in over seventy countries in agriculture, business, environment, education, community development, health, and information technology for two years: email@example.com
- USA Jobs - Free, web-based job board with access to thousands of job opportunities across hundreds of federal agencies for recent graduates, veterans, and students with disabilities